Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'M BACK!

I can't believe the summer went by so quickly! Still, it is great to be back in Mexico, with all of my friends from last semester, and class and training just about to start tomorrow. It's at least 35 C here right now, which is a bit of a shock to the system considering it was 12 C in Lloydminster the day I left. The Spanish is coming back rather quickly, but there are definitely moments when I have no idea what's going on again. I forgot how hard it was to always speak Spanish. The good thing is that I think this semester I should be able to advance to the point where I think in Spanish.
Right now I'm living in the same dorm as last semester, but tomorrow they're moving me to the dorm where the track team is, which happens to be right in the middle of campus :) . It's kind of a pain right now though, because I can't unpack, but oh well. I also had a problem registering for courses, but tomorrow morning my coach is coming with me to sort all of that out.
Last night Sigi (my coach) picked me up at the airport and then a few hours later we went to his house for a goodbye party for his sister. They had a ton of Mexican food there and I dove right in... and just like the heat, that was a shock to the system too.
Well, I already went out and bought shampoo, a pillow, and my notebooks for the courses that I don't have so all that's left is to hit the gym and kill some time till tomorrow, when the adventure really begins again.

2 Comments:

Blogger RyeGuy said...

thanks for saying goodbye.

nuts to you too.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

My bad man, sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better I ate a taco just for you today. I even put jalapeƱos on it.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home