Monday, November 03, 2008

Life changes quickly...

Life changes quickly, but lately it has been changing even quicker than normal. I now live in Braunschweig, Germany. Veronika has also moved here with me and is continuing to study for her diploma exams. It’s a lot easier for her to study here since she has access to the library, the university, and also her friends are also studying. We would prefer not to live in a city, but for now it seems to be working out just fine.

I’ve already found a job. I’m still waiting on my work visa to go through so that I can officially start, but the delay is actually somewhat of a good thing as it allows me to learn the German terms that are necessary for my project. The job was actually remarkably easy to come by. We were sitting in the cafeteria, eating with a few of Veronika’s friends when I mentioned that I was on the job hunt. One of her friends mentioned that his workplace seems to be always looking for new people, so after lunch we walked on over to see the place. That turned into an hour and a half interview with the boss, in a T-shirt and jeans, with no resume or transcripts, in German. Yikes. Somehow we pulled off a miracle, and after sending in my documents later that day, I had a job offer within the next few days. I now work (given the work visa goes through) for TLK-Thermo as a Thermodynamics System Engineer. They are a thermodynamics consulting firm connected with the Institute for Thermodynamics at TU-Braunschweig. It’s pretty ideal actually. There are about 10-20 people working at the firm, and they are all nice, which in Germany is a bit of a miracle in itself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard through the grapevine that you found yourself a job! Sounds like a good one too, I wish you and V all the best.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home