Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I think this picture is awesome, so I had to put it up on this blog. It's not from Mexico, but rather from Vancouver Island.


Enough said about that...

Things in Mexico are trudging right along. Next week are the first partial exams. It's hard to believe we're already four weeks into courses. It seems like I should have time to get enough studying in, but it's the 10 page paper on the history of the conflict between the liberals and conservatives in 19th century mexico... in Spanish... that worries me.

Tomorrow is the time trial for the 1000m. I'm hoping to pull out a 2:35, which seems pretty reasonable for this time of season, but I haven't been running very well this week. It's been pretty hard to keep hydrated.

The cellphone culture here has been really bothering me. To start with, I'm totally anti-cellphone, but it's nuts here. Today a guy answered his phone in class, and walked out of the room to talk, making the professor move out of his way without saying a word of excuse in the process. Somehow, that's acceptable here because the professor let him back into class without saying a word.

I should end off on a positive note, so this is a shout out to fresh mangos, la botanera salsa, and enerflakes... what would I do without you enerflakes?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked, cliff jumping! I went in Horseshoe Lake in Jasper last summer... crazy wicked cool, but I'll never do that again. School still hasn't even started here, I couldn't imagine being a month into classes already. Good luck on exams!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home