Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Race

Today we had our first official race of the season, the Borregos 10k. It was a 10k road race on the streets around the university, for the most part pretty flat, but we went over a couple overpasses. We went out pretty fast, 3:20s for the first two kilometers but then cooled the heels a bit. I came in around 34:30, second in my category, and about tenth overall I think. I was pretty happy because after running a 17:30 first 5k I picked it up to run a negative split of sub 17 on the homestretch. I got called up to the podium for getting second in my category, and received a trophy with a borrego on it, which is a ram. Martell, one of my teammates got first in our category. He's from the states, so we thought it was kind of funny that the two foreigners picked up the 1, 2 spots.
Afterwards the team was chilling out figuring out where to go eat, and a kid ran up to me and asked me to sign his shirt, ha ha. That was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home